Varieties of hosting solutions
A hosting solution concerns stockpiling and/or sharing particular web content on a web server run by a website hosting vendor. There are different sorts of hosting services used for various aims, so let's take a glance at these. Thus, you can conclude what you want, based on whether you'd like to own a blog, email addresses, or to share files with friends and partners.
- File hosting: a solution provided by some firms, which permits you to share big files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole function is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free file hosting solutions are often supported by exhibiting adverts next to the download links, while a timer compels you to await a specific amount of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a completely inappropriate interpretation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would split the workload between different stacks of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving miscellaneous web space hosting services (electronic mail, web space, stats, DNS, databases, webspace hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is just a variety of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; certain vendors offer a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting variant is suitable if you wish to share a huge amount of pics with friends or acquaintances since the service is commonly free. You will get a random link for every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for websites.
- Email hosting: a solution dedicated to tackling your e-mail aliases. Some corporations offer web hosting services for web pages, but do not supply an e-mail hosting solution. If you wish to launch an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to run a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you want. You can set up electronic mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video creates a certain amount of CPU load, so with several video clips and a few hundred viewers, you may have trouble with your webspace hosting supplies. Embedding the video file will permit you to have as many video clips as you want without worrying about system supplies.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you require if you would like to keep a site. To a certain extent, it encompasses all of the abovementioned hosting kinds since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and e-mails, upload video clips, and so on. At artichosts, for example, you can view web hosting and dedicated hosting solutions that enable you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in one location. There may be limitations based on the type of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web space hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are intended for particular web content solely.